Heat exchangers are the devices that enable heat energy to switch between two fluids at different temperatures.
Heat exchangers are divided into 4 groups according to the geometry of the surfaces that constitute them and the way they transfer heat.
- Shell and tube heat exchanger (Shell and tube exchangers)
- Plate heat exchangers (Plate exchangers)
- Heat exchangers with extended surfaces (winged shell and tube heat exchangers )
- Regenerative heat exchangers (Regenerative exchangers)
Shell and tube heat exchangers are the most commonly used heat exchanger class in all processes. The wide variety of types are presented within their group.
In shell and tube heat exchangers , the heat transfer surface consist of pipes. One of the fluids flows through the pipes, while the other fluid flows parallel or diagonally to the pipes from the body. Consequently, the heat transfer occurs on pipe surfaces.
Basic components of Shell and Tube Heat Exchangers :
- Flat or pin shaped (U) curled pipes that enable heat transfer,
- The body, usually manufactured from the pipe but in some special cases or in large diameters by curling from metal sheet,
- Reflector or reflectors where pipes are detected,
- Change-of-direction curtains located in the body that can direct the flow outside the pipes and support the pipes,
- Body nozzles that provide input and output of the body-side fluid,
- Head and head nozzles that provide the input and output of the pipe-side fluid,
- Coupling halves that allow the detection of reflectors and heads.
- Carrier piers that can enable the installation of the heat exchanger on any surface,
- Isolation that prevents heat loss from the outer surfaces of the heat exchanger.
Various body and pipe side flow arrangements are applied as black, galvanized, stainless and copper pipe materials, by considering the factors such as operating conditions, allowable pressure gradient, operating pressure size, pollution and corrosive properties of fluids.
Plate heat exchangers are a sort of heat exchanger used to transfer heat for any combination of liquid, gas or two-phase currents. There are various types within its group.
Heat exchangers with expanded surface are a sort of heat exchanger with additions on tubular or plate heat transfer surfaces in order to increase the heat transfer area. There are various types within its group.
Regenerative heat exchangers are a sort of periodic flow heat exchangers. In regenerative heat exchangers, the heat is first stored in an atmosphere by the hot fluid. And the process is completed by giving the stored heat to the cold fluid.
Manufacturing of Heat exchanger / Condenser - Heat exchanger, Shell and Tube, plated, manufacturing of extended surface and regenerative heat exchanger.